Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just One More Snooze


My daily morning routine goes something like this: 
Alarm rings at 7:15. Snooze. 7:20, *ring* *ring*. Snooze. 7:25, *ring* *ring*. Snooze. And so on until 8:05 sometimes 8:10 and mornings like today when my eyelids just would not stay open then 8:20.
To me "snooze" was probably the best morning invention ever made but also the worst. Especially being that my snooze is only for five minutes. There's always that same thought process that goes through my head- its just ONE more snooze! What harm can be caused by pressing it just one more time and getting an extra five minutes of dozing. Thing is those seemingly innocent "five" minutes usually turn into 5x20!
Procrastination. 

A lot of us will be quick to say, me? A procrastinator?! Never! But truth is, how many times are we told to do something or know there's stuff to be done and think to ourselves "just one more snooze!" I mean will it REALLY make a difference if I help my mother now or in five minutes; but like my alarm clock proves to me every morning, five minutes can turn to an hour extremely fast!
So next time you're tempted to press that snooze button- Ehh, ill Daven later Hashem's not going anywhere. I'll help my friend with that project tomorrow; it is due in like three weeks! Don't give in and instead go for the "dismiss alarm" option and do what needs to be done. As Benjamin Franklin said, "You may delay, but time will not."

No comments:

Post a Comment